Friday, January 14, 2011

My Guy [Mary Wells] -- My Girl [The Temptations]

In our final Music Friday post:

what are your top 5 "song couples"? either because of their attitudes, their actions, or just because you like the music of the song. for the sake of this post, I'm only going with named couples - implied or unnamed couples will just muck it up.

for me, my list would be

1. Brenda and Eddie, from billy joel's scenes from an italian restaurant

these popular kids went through it all, and still walked away as friends. good for them.

2. Jack and Diane, from John Mellencamp's jack and diane

jack is pretty straightforward about what he wants. then again, diane is the debutante of his backseat.

3. Zak and Sara, from ben folds' zak and sara

sara seems a little more than nuts, and zak doesn't seem to mind.

4. Tommy and Gina, from Bon Jovi's livin on a prayer

even through their hardships, these kids stick together and support each other. it's tough, so tough.

5. Billy Joe and Bobby Sue, from Steve Miller's take the money and run

who gets bored and decides to commit crimes together? these two got away with it, and that is the american dream.

1 comment:

V said...

this cracks me up! and it would totally take me hours to figure out who i'd pick. Mr. D is always trying to get me to make top 10 lists and i'm horrible at it! i'll see what he can come up with...