Friday, January 14, 2011

LSD [Aliotta Haynes & Jeremiah]

When I was working at Target the radio station we listened to took to playing this song once or twice a week. At first I thought it was a Jim Croce b-side, but turns out it's not. it's by a group called Aliotta Haynes & Jeremiah. I don't know that they had any other hits (I don't know how much of a hit this one was, either) but I LOVE the piano riff throughout, and the violin that kicks in around 3.15 or so. it gets stuck in my head for days, sometimes.


4 comments:

mccowan said...

Fun fact:

Jim Croce owns a restaurant in San Diego.

jmlo said...

I did not know that. but i also didn't think dead people owned property.

I just looked it up and it seems it was opened by his widow (after he passed) but his name's all over it.

V said...

oooh! i like it. totally something i could see myself singing and dancing to while cleaning my already clean house. (that's what i do these days... laundry's done? i guess i'll sweep the floors again.)

i'm only half kidding...

jmlo said...

I was hoping you'd like it - given your new living situation and all. i could see it as a doing chores song.