Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Mudfootball (for Moe Lerner) [Jack Johnson]

I don't want this to become a habit, but I have to share another overheard conversation. This time, it was between one of the interior design instructors and one of the fashion instructors. the only background you need is that the id instructor is a 60+ year old fake doctor, and that the fashion instructor likes to let you know how much things cost, and just how 'connected' she is to people/places around Dallas.

f - "did you see the game yesterday?"
id - "not much, but we did watch the halftime show."
f - "wasn't that amazing?"
id - "yeah, i think they did a great job."
f - "I think it might have been the best half time show I've seen in like 10 years."
id - "I just love the black eyed peas"
f - "oh, also one of our daughter's friends was in that group of dancers, so that was cool - we know someone at the superbowl."
--they went on to discuss the game a little bit, and some of the commericals.

----------------------------

It seems to me that all the fashion lady wanted out of the conversation was to bring up the connection to the dancer during the halftime show. why she couldn't just come out with that, I don't know. Secondly, I don't know what game these people watched, but I felt like the halftime show was lame, and it seems that everyone I've talked to agrees - even if they love the the black eyed peas. overall it was pretty lackluster, and sometimes even painful. and lastly, neither one of these two made any mention of what's her face's botched attempt at the national anthem.


I have at tendency to be negative, but add that to the distance and all the other stuff associated with this adventure, and that could be a disaster. so, I'm trying my best to be positive and think positive while I'm down here. Plus, as Karen will tell you, Target Josh was no fun, and Dallas Josh could easily be the same - we already went through a year of that, we don't need any more of it. That being said, I wonder if my co-workers feel the same about me as I do about them, which is generally "wow - I can't believe you're a teacher."

2 comments:

V said...

totally lame! they were awful... and i'll admit i think they've got some catchy tunes. some people just have to show off. but to be honest i don't think knowing someone who is at the superbowl (or even in it) is that impressive.

if you were watching the game at the white house with the president himself... now that's impressive!

hang in there j! hopefully the year will fly by.

jmlo said...

it's just this lady's m.o. - she likes you to know who she knows. whatever works for her.....

thanks for the support - as long as dallas josh isn't as grumpy as target josh, i think we'll be okay.