Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dentist! [Little Shop of Horrors]

RE: my last post - more stories about crazy josh in the store. this is a direct copy/paste from an email I sent to karen (pre-dallas adventure) about a trip to the dentist, and the grocery store.

------------------------------------
so, the dentist was not awesome. i mean, he's fine and all, but the experience was sub-par. the cavity was a.) not filled well, 2.) not fully removed, and iii.) waaaaay close to the root. so close that while he was digging/drilling out the old filling, we had to stop for another shot. i couldn't even tell him it hurt because it hurt so much, but he stopped cause he saw my eyes tear up. so i got a bonus shot of novocaine, and he said I'd probably be numb in the tongue till 2 or so, and numb in the jaw till dinner, maybe. he cleaned it up, filled it in, and gave me permission to have a milkshake for lunch. I might have soup, cause soup's for lunch, but I might go get a shake, too. depends on if I want to risk wearing it.

shopping was better. the good news is that it's thursday, and we hit $50, so we saved $10 automatically. the bad news is that we started with a $17 list. also, it's thursday, so I had to deal with people. and a surprising number of mustachioed ladies. I looked a mess, being hungry, and mouth/tongue numb, and having crazy disheveled sink rinsed haired. I'm standing in the aisle, weighing the options of different food stuffs with a slight bit of drool coming out of my mouth, frustrated cause I can't eat anything, trying to be good about buying stuff (so that means picking it up, putting it back, picking it up, putting it in the cart, then going halfway back down the aisle to put it back finally) I'm sure the people were just wondering where my caretaker was.

and, I'd like to go on the record again about being uncomfortable picking eggs by myself. I didn't like any of the cartons, but I didn't want to do a create your own sampler, cause there were lots of people around. after about 15 cartons, I just picked the best one. also, grade a large my butt - some of these eggs looked tiny. I think the egg farm needs a new QC staff.

see you when you get home. prepare yourself for possible milkshake dinner!!

-------------------------------

No comments: