Tuesday, May 03, 2011

From Yesterday [30 Seconds to Mars]

I wrote this yesterday. forgot to post it. oooops.

--------------------
I'm sitting in the airport listening to some corporate d-bags talk about all sorts of stupidity. I don't know where I'm going to end up once I get out of this stupid job, but I feel pretty certain that wherever I go I will probably not end up working with people like this. People like this don't really exist in my world. maybe it's because we're a creative industry, or maybe i've just been lucky. whichever, I'm certainly glad that's the way it is. Also, listening to their conversation makes me realize that I love our friends. I realize these people are coworkers and maybe not friends outside of work, but i have to think even our friends don't have these types of inane conversations with their coworkers. as a collective group, we're too good for that.

Anyway - The trip home was as nice as it could be with a face fill of sinus problems. I flew home Thursday night, did yard work on Friday while KTO was at work, then we celebrated our anniversary (a few days late) with a really good g. love concert. One of his best recently, and maybe his best I've seen (maybe). Also, we had an after show snack at Cicero's, where we encountered Jason and Jackie, some 20 year old newlyweds. They were there because Jason got a new job and his coworkers were throwing a going away party, and one of their little friends was hilariously drunk. That kept us entertained while we waited for food.

Saturday we celebrated homeownership with some friends by eating delicious gyros at The Majestic. And we also won (and immediately spent) a $25 gift card from The Container Store. Sat afternoon my sinuses kicked it into high gear, and by Sunday I felt line my face was 2x as big as it already is. Saturday evening was hanging out and eating sushi - two of my favorite things. Sunday afternoon we went to a bday party for a friends baby boy, and while we were there we got a quick surprise visit with designerjules and her family.

The sinus issues aside, it was a great visit - we have a fantastic relationship, if i do say so myself, and despite everything we've been through, we've entered our 4th year of marriage in good spirits. Things are bound to go our way soon. And, if we can make it through the last 2.5 years with no (or minuscule) issues then we can make it through anything.

4 comments:

V said...

happy anniversary you two!!! it sounds like it was a great weekend (aside from the sinuses) and i'm so jealous you got to see jules!

p.s. i know exactly the type you are talking about over hearing at the airport. gag!

V said...

btw, i listened to a 'roll your eyes' conversation at the airport on Thursday.

jmlo said...

what are you doing in the airport? if you updated your blog more we might know!!!

Designer Jules said...

Sorry old reply..finally got on big computer. It was great to see you two and Joseph and Matthew were glad to meet you!! Hope you enjoyed your stay.