Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Found a Whistle [MGMT]

Music!

It's not all new, but i've been out of the loop. I don't have my "Finger on the Pulse" as we say around our house.

Lately i've have The Civil Wars on repeat at work - not sure why, it's enough of a mix of music and lyrics to keep my occupied without being too distracting, i think. I've posted enough about them in the past, though, so i won't add another one.

The first musical entry for today will be Goyte. I don't know what that is, or how to say it, but this song keeps finding me on the radio, and i like it. video is a bit strange, though.



Our second musical feature for today will be Andrew Bird, in honor of the concert tonight, that we're going to attend with our friends M&M, and of course baby O. Baby O's first concert, and i couldn't think of anything better for him or her than the magic that is Andrew Bird. It's hard to explain A.Bird to people - he's more of a hear for yourself kind of musician. I'm sure i've posted a few of his before, but what's one (or two or three) more, right? These are from 3 different albums, all with their own merits. If you're only going to pick one, i'd suggest the first one, because that actually shows you some of the craziness. he plays all the parts himself, then layers them over each other to make a song. It's like 20 times more awesome in concert. That being said, the last one, tables and chairs, is one of my favorite songs of his.







there you go - some music. maybe not "new" but it could be new to you. hope you enjoy.






and, what the heck - have a link to one by The Civil Wars. I've Got This Friend

No comments: